All applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the application:
1. A native speaker of English from United States, Canada, England, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, or other countries where English is an official language.
2. A certified K-12 teacher with a state-issued teaching license/credential.*
3. A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university, with the exception of degrees having half or more of the courses completed online or through distance learning/correspondence.*
4. Committed to abiding by the laws and regulations of Taiwan.
5. Competent in interpersonal communication skills.
6. Understanding of, and respectful toward the local culture.
7. Willing to teach in suburban and rural areas.*
* Important notes:
– An academic degree of TESOL/TEFL major field, any TESOL/TEFL certification and teacher certificate for college level are not considered required documents for the application.
– The academic degree must be issued by an college/university that is listed in the official database of the Ministry of Education of Republic of China (Taiwan). The list can be found at https://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw/aa/default.html.
– The six municipalities of Taiwan including Taipei, New Taipei, Taoyuan, Taichung, Tainan, Kaohsiung are not connected with this program.